Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Star [4]

Hello, everyone! Today we have Ellie joining us for an interview. Shall we begin?

Blogger: Ellie A.
Ellie is going to give us a short description about herself:
I am fifteen years old and I am based in the Philippines. I bury my nose in all kinds of genres, but I tend to lean towards contemporary YA, legal thrillers, fantasy, and historical fiction. Some of my favorite authors are John Green, David Levithan, Haruki Murakami, Rick Riordan, George R.R. Martin, Leo Tolstoy, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. 



Why did you start a blog?
Well, I always loved reading but I didn't have any friends who read the kind of books that I read. One day, I discovered goodreads and went crazy! Most of the people who added me as a friend had book blogs, so I checked some of them out and thought, "hey, this would be a great way to rant and fangirl over books." and so The Selkie Reads Stories was born. *cue lion king music*

How did you come up with your blog title?
Well, I just really really love Selkies and creatures from the sea. Boring, I know. It was that or awkwardturtlealert.

How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging last year, but it was so cluttered and all of the reviews were very unprofessional so I deleted almost every post and decided to started over.

What are your top 5 favorite books? Your top 5 favorite authors?
"Meep. Umm, so far? In no particular order, top 5 books would be Anna Karenina, Anumal Empire: Lazarball, The Book of Lost Things, A Game of Thrones, and The Perks of Being A Wallflower. Top 5 authors would be John Green, David Mitchell, Haruki Murakami, George R.R. Martin, Leo Tolstoy, and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Again, in no particular order."

What are three things that you never leave home without?
A handkerchief, my wallet, and my phone.

Which book character would you love to have dinner with? Where would you go?
I'd take Fanboy from The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl to the nearest comic con. Geeking out with him would be so Mathematical!

What do you do when you aren't reading?
I'm into photography and graphic design, so you'll probably see me taking 999 different shots of a cupcake in different angles and editing the color balance using photoshop. I also make book covers for some online friends, and I take long, romantic walks to the fridge every day.

How would you describe your personality?
I am an awkward turtle. My awkwardness and shyness is over level 999. I like hiding in my own shell and shutting out the entire world when I feel the need to.

How many book do you read per week? How often do you post on your blog?
It depends. If I have nothing else to do, I can usually read two or three books a day. You do the math. I try to post at least thrice a week, but laziness gets the best of me sometimes.

What do you think is your biggest accomplishment as a blogger?
That's a big question. Umm, I would say that my biggest accomplishment so far would be reaching the number of followers I have right now. But every time an author comments on my review of their book is a huge accomplishment, really.

Thank you for joining us today, Ellie! I hope everyone goes and check out The Selkie Reads Stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...