Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Interview: Laura Powell (Author of Burn Mark)


Me: Hello, everyone! Today I have the lovely miss Laura Powell joining us as part of the Burn Mark tour. Let's give her a warm welcome!


Q: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
I live in London, which is my dream city and a crazy mix of all sorts of different cultures, styles and stories. But I also love the place I grew up--a remote valley in Wales, with a ruined castle across the way, ravens, wild ponies and waterfalls. As long as I get to visit both, I'm happy.

Q: What do you do when you're not writing?
I'm into experimental baking, binge sleeping, and people-watching from the top of a double-decker bus.

Q: Is there a fellow author you would like to meet?
I'd like to meet Jane Austen at a really posh party; we'd hide out in the restroom and gossip about all the other guests.

Q: How do you promote your book(s)?
I've been doing some school visits, which is really nerve-wracking but a lot of fun, as most of my writing life involves sitting in solitary silence in front of a computer. I also try and update my website www.laurapowellauthor.com, tweet Laura Powell @L_R_Powell and check in on my Facebook page. Oh, and I beg all my family and friends to go to bookshops and move my titles to the front of the shelf. (I think all authors do this, even if they don't admit to it.)

Q: What's your method of reading(ebook, paperback/hardback)?
I'm an old-fashioned book snob. I love to collect hardbacks, and hate stained pages, cracked spines or smudgy covers. I think having lots of shelves of beautiful books is the best way to decorate a room. So I never lend people books--I only give them!

Me: Well, once again, thank you for being with us today, miss Laura Powell. I'm leaving some links below where you can take a look at Burn Mark, which released on June 19.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...