Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires, #1)

Damn, Claire. Warn a guy before you do a face-plant on the floor next time.  I could have looked all heroic and caught you or something. Shane's chivalry never ceases to amaze me, but you gotta love the guy.

Summary
College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood. (borrowed from Goodreads)
]Opinion
Like most first books, Glass Houses was mostly stating the setting and plot.  After the middle of the book, it paced up a bit, and I really ended up enjoying it(not that I didn't beforehand).
Claire annoyed me at times, especially since she is supposed to be really smart, yet she acts very childish at times.  Also, Claire is always trying to prove she is an adult, and that does not match up with her juvenile behavior.  Oh well, it did not ruin the book.  But, I do have to say, Claire had an abnormal obsession with Shane's feet.  Although tiny in stature, Claire was fierce at times, and for a few minor objections, she was an average protagonist.
Now, it's time for me to turn fangirlish.  I ADORED Shane! Personally, I think he was hot, kind, sarcastic, and so many more things that it would take forever to list.  Shane is amazing, and one of the main reasons that I am going to keep reading the series.  I want to know what happens to him, and I do hope its nothing too bad or bad at all.
The last thing I will talk about, are the Monickettes, and it will be brief.  They were harsher and crueler than any other mean girls that I have ever read of before.  I know I'm supposed to hate them, but I DESPISED them.  I mean, who pours acid down someones back? That is just EVIL. Anyways, I just wanted to get that out of my system.

Overall Book Rating



"Fun reading...more engaging than most TV."  ~Booklist
Click here to visit Rachel Caine's website.
Click The Dead Girls' Dance to read the review of the Morganville Vampires, Book #2.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...