Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Book Haul #16


Hello, everyone! So, it seems I keep finding excuses to not do this post. But honestly, this time it wasn't my fault. I didn't do my post last week because I had an Internet failure. So...no Internet meant no post. Well, today I'm going to list the books I got this week along with last week. Enjoy!
Links go to Goodreads!

Last Week

From the Library:















Insurgent by Veronica Roth (So, I basically got this book to motivate myself to read Divergent, the first book in the series. I've heard a lot of good things about this serious, and I really want to start reading it soon. I bought a copy of the first book a long time ago.)
Ice Hunt by James Rollins (Someone listed this book on a blog awhile ago. I can't remember who, but anyways, it sounded like a good book, so I picked it up at the library.)
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier (I don't even know how I found out about this book, but it sounds good.)
The First Days by Rhiannon Frater (Another book that was recommended on a blog. I think this one is  about zombies. Sounds good...even though I'm not into zombies.)
Blue Asylum by Kathy Hepinstall (When I read the summary for this book, I got goosebumps. This sounds like a good love story. Although, I'm pretty sure it's going to have a tragic ending.)

From the School Library:
You probably all know that I'm back in school. I made a post awhile ago. So, I thought I would visit the library. And when I'm in the library, I just have to check something out!



















Need by Carrie Jones (I recently began this book, and there's only one word to describe it. Strange...I still haven't figured out if I like this book or not...guess I'll just wait and see.)
Halo by Alexandra Adornetto (I've been meaning to read this series. I have the second book, but haven't gotten around to it.)
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

This Week

From the Library:















The Ivy by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur (Most of you probably don't know, but my future career is going to be a cardiothoracic surgeon. I'm actually saying "my future career" because "when I grow up" sounds a tad too childish. So, the book takes place in Harvard. I want to go to Yale University of Medicine, so I thought this sounds interesting, since the story takes place in an Ivy League university, like Yale. Cool, huh?)

For Review:
















Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout (release date: September 18, 2012)

Bought:
When I went to pick up The Ivy at the library, I took a look at their for sale section. I couldn't help but pick up a few books and buy them.
















A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (I already have a copy of this book, but I thought it would be great for giving away on my blog. The Gemma Doyle series is one of my all-time favorite series!)
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen (I also already have a copy of this book, but I plan on doing a giveaway with it. But first, I have to read and review it. Same with A Great and Terrible Beauty.)
Ransom by Lois Duncan (This was actually just a random pick. It's short, and the story sounded interesting, although something out of my comfort zone.)
Breathe: A Ghost Story by Cliff McNish (Who doesn't like a good ghost story?)
Max (Maximum Ride #5) by James Patterson (I plan on reading all of the Maximum Ride series, so I definitely had to buy this book.)
Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen (I need to actually read some Sarah Dessen books. So, I decided to buy this one too.)
The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks (I'm not sure if I'll like this book. I picked up the trilogy in one book at the library awhile ago, but didn't finish it. I thought I would buy this book, but like I said. I may or may not read it.)

Thank you to:
Spencer Hill Press!

I know it looks like a lot of books. But, it has been two weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to get reading seriously soon. First the homework load needs to lighten.

What did you all get this week? :) Leave the links in the comments section! I'll definitely check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...