Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Series: none
Age Group: young adult
Format: hardback
Pages: 236
Release Date: January 2, 2012
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Source: library
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waited area. His name is Oliver, and he's sitting in her row.
A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?
Quirks to timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
 I usually prefer to write my reviews right after I am done reading the book. But, unfortunately, this past Friday my Internet stopped working, so I wasn't able to write my review until now. This makes me a little sad, because I feel that my emotions aren't as fresh. Due to this, my review is probably going to be shorter.

Well, I definitely know that I hated Hadley's dad. I don't think that he deserved Hadley as a daughter. I get that many parents run off and leave their children, but it still frustrates me. Maybe its my inner rebellious side(since I'm still a teen) that wants to side with Hadley. I'm not sure, but that's my opinion. The other character who I didn't like was Charlotte, the soon-to-be wife of Hadley's father. Like Hadley said, I kept thinking of her as the wicked stepmother, and I couldn't get that out of my head. She definitely had a great impact on ruining Hadley's life.

My favorite character would have to be Violet, Charlotte's bridesmaid. She was funny, and helped Hadley out a lot. Oliver, was, of course the love interest. I love it when guys in books are European! This made me like Oliver immediately, and of course, he had the British thing going for him. He was sweet, and Oliver was perfect match for Hadley.

Hadley, as the main character, was okay. In some part of the book, it was mentioned that instead of reading, she preferred sports and friends. This, made me like her slightly less, since I'm all for reading.

In the end, I felt that I didn't get to know the characters as much as I wanted to. But, obviously, this was mostly due to the fact that this book takes place over 24 hours. I will recommend, and I think it's a pretty quick, enjoyable read.

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...