Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Review: For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison #1)


Title: For the Love of a Vampire
Author: M. Leighton
Series: Blood Like Poison, #1
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Ebook
Pages: 268
Release Date: April 20, 2011
Publisher: Indie
Source: author for review(thank you!)
My Rating: * * * * (4 stars)
Ridley Heller thought that all her problems would be over if she could have Bo back;back from the dead. But what Ridley didn't know was that her wish would come at a price. Bo survived a condition that would have killed a lesser vampire, or any vampire for that matter. The only reason he didn't die is because of who he is, someone Ridley doesn't know at all. Someone Bo himself doesn't know at all. As Ridley gets closer to finding out Bo's true identity, she discovers that loving him could also come at a price, a price much higher than she ever could have imagined. The question is: is there any such thing as a price too high to pay for Bo? For his love, for his safety, for eternity in his arms?
The Cover:
Honestly, the cover does not particularly appeal to me. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. In a way, I guess I'm indifferent towards it. Cover Rating 3/5


Review:
Now, For the Love of a Vampire was an entirely different matter. At first, when I began, I couldn't help but compare it to Twilight. This made me put the books down and step away from it. But then I convinced myself to keep reading, and I am glad I did. After a few pages, everything changed. For the better.


Bo's name didn't appeal to me. When I think of the name Bo, I think of a country boy, honestly. But, I got used to his name and his sweet personality towards Ridley. In the end, they made a cute couple!


Ridley was a humdrum character for me. But, then she got better. I will admit though, I kind of liked her better when she was the one of the "mean girls". The only thing that bothered me about her was how quickly she left her normal life just to be with Bo. She abandoned her whole life for him.


The cliffhanger! Once I got to the last page, I was craving for more, and I got cut off. I going to have to get the second book soon.


What's my verdict, you're asking? Well, I definitely recommend this book. Just remember this warning. Don't stop after the first few chapters. Persevere and you'll like this book. The beginning can be a little monotonous, but afterwards, I promise it gets better.


The Author:
I was born and raised in the United States, and I’ve lived in several of the fabulous fifty. Though I currently live in the deep South, I spent much of my childhood up North and hope to return there one day. A few other things about me: I believe that sometimes you have to look really, REALLY hard to find the good in people, but it's there. I believe that I'm shrinking (I swear five years ago I was two inches taller). I believe my husband is quite possibly one of the most amazing men in the entire world (I can't be sure because I haven't met all of them). I believe coffee and chocolate, when combined, could be the basis for world peace. I believe that Jesus rocks and communism doesn’t. I believe that white makes me look fat and black collects lint. I believe summer's too hot, winter's too cold and fall was made for football. I like dogs better than cats and the first movie in a trilogy is invariably the best. But most of all, I believe that love conquers all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...