Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Buys!

Hello, everyone! I haven't posted what I've bought in a long time. This is mostly due to the fact that I have not been buying anything. Well, yesterday I was watching this video on youtube, and it gave me a wonderful idea. You see, the girl on the video was saying that she found all these amazing books at Goodwill. I thought, "Hey, I have a Goodwill near my house. Why not go there and take a look?" I'm so glad I did, because I found quite a few books! I'll list them below.
**Links go to Goodreads**
________________________









1. Sabriel (Abhorsen Chronicles #1) by Garth Nix [This is the first book in the series. It sounds really good, the condition was wonderful, and I'm so happy that my library has the other two books: Lirael and Abhorsen. Can't wait to read this book!]
2. Some Kind of Wonderful (Inside Girls #2) by J. Minter [Actually, this is the second book in the series. The first one is Inside Girl. After, there are six books in total: The Sweetest Thing, All That Glitters, Perfect Match, and Girls We Love. Thankfully, my library has all of the rest of the series. They sound good!]
3. White (The Circle #3) by Ted Dekker [I've been wanting to read this series for forever, so imagine my luck that I found the third book at Goodwill. The other books in the series are: Green, Black, and Red.]
4. The Fairy's Return and Other Princess Tales by Gail Levine [This book just looks like a really cute read! Besides, it's six books put together in one volume, what more could I ask for? There's no hassle in having to search for all the books.]









5. Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson [I love Patterson's series Maximum Ride, and I'd thought I'd read another genre by him. Romance. I'm not really the romance type. I don't mean to say that I don't like romance, but I like romance mixed in with suspense/action/thriller/fantasy/etc... Not just romance, kind of like this novel. I hope I like it!]
6. The Secret Life Of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain [This book is REALLY out of my comfort zone! I normally would not ever read this type of book. But, I saw it, and the storyline seemed interesting. I hope it goes higher than my lower expectations.]
7. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen [Another one of those books that is out of my comfort zone. I've heard a lot about this book, good and bad, and this is what urged me to buy it. It was only $1.99 after all. I hope its good!]
8. Claim to Fame by Margaret Peterson Haddix [I love this author! Even though some of her book are more juvenile, I still love her, so I could not resist this book.]













9. Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3) by Richelle Mead [I've always heard so many things about the Vampire Academy series, yet up until now, I haven't read them. Bummer. That's why when I saw the third book, I thought that I might as well get it, that way I have one less book to find at the library.]
10. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale [This is Shannon Hale we're talking about. I can't resist her books. Nothing more to say.
11. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder [This just seemed...different. On the cover it says "A Novel About the History of Philosophy." I don't know, it just caught my attention, and it was thick. It sounds good, and I hope its not a disappointment, but if it is, I can't really complain. I mean this is philosophy we're talking about.]









No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...