Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Review: The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods #4)



Amazon Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Van Alen Legacy
Series: Blue Bloods, #4
Age Group: Young Adult
Format: Hardback
Pages: 384
Release Date: October 5, 2009
Publisher: Hyperion
ISBN: 978-142310226-7
Source: Local Library
My Rating: * * * * * (5 stars)
With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamarous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only fabulous Mimi seems to be happily engaged. Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series.
The Cover:
If I'm correct, I think the girl on the cover of The Van Alen Legacy is Mim. The veil signifies her bonding dress. I like the cover, it looks beautiful, especially with the Eiffel Tower in the black part, signifying Schuyler's adventure(you'll see). Cover Rating 5/5


Review:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with The Van Alen Legacy! I was hooked from beginning to end! Although, part of my addition to this series is because Melisssa de la Cruz ends each chapter with a cliffhanger. 


I did get a little frustrated because it was told from three different points of view. At times I wanted to rip my hair out, because I almost only wanted to hear Schuyler's point of view. It almost came to the point where I threatened to skip Mimi's and Bliss's parts. But, those parts got really good, and I simply couldn't bring myself to skip around.


It's strange to see Lucifer in this book. I mean, he's THE Lucifer, like Lucifer-vs.-God Luficer. It felt...awkward to say the least. But, I admire Cruz for deciding to takes on this challenge to portray the most notorious villian ever from her point of view.


Oh, and we finally get some depth from Mimi. I was beginning to think she was just a rich, spoiled airhead. But, her and Kingsley were oddly sweet together. By the end, I actually felt pity for Mimi.


I already have my hands on the next book in the series, Misguided Angel. I can't wait to begin reading!


The Author:

Melissa de la Cruz is the author of many best-selling books for teens, including Blue Bloods, Masquerade, the Au Pairs series, the Ashleys series, and Angels on Sunset Boulevard. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter and is hard at work on the next book in the Blue Bloods saga. While Melissa is not a Blue Blood, she knows people who are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...