Unable to follow by GFC or other methods? Follow by email! Subscribe to Incandescent Enchantments here!

Advertise #1

(Ad width is not to exceed 640) For more information, go to my advertisements page! Click here for more information!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride #1)

Author: James Patterson


Series: Maximum Ride, #1


Pages: 422


Published: April 11, 2005


My Rating: * * * * *


Click here for a look at the Maximum Ride series, and other books by James Patterson.








Summary
WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE.
Do not put this book down. I'm dead serious--your life could depend on it. I'm risking everything by telling you--but you need to know.
STRAP YOURSELF IN
for the thrill ride you'll want to take again and again! From Death Valley, California, to the bowels of the New York City subway system, you're about to take off on a heart-stopping adventure that will blow you away....
YOUR FAITHFUL COMPANIONS:
Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. Six kids who are pretty normal in most ways--except that they're 98 percent human, 2 percent bird. They grew up in a lab, living like rats in cages, but now they're free.  Aside, of course, for Erasers--wicked, wolflike creatures with a taste for flying humans.
THE MISSIONS:
Rescue Angel from malicious mutants.  Infiltrate a secret facility to track down the flock's missing parents.  Scavenge for sustenance.  Get revenge on an evil traitor.  And save the world.  If there's time.
PREPARE FOR LAUNCH: THESE PAGES FLY.
Opinions & Thoughts
AMAZING! I loved these series. Although, when I began this series, I made a terrible mistake. I thought Max was a boy. Sorry, sorry, I know it was a ridiculous mistake, but think about it. Max IS a boy's name, and I was only on the first four chapters. So....I later found out that Max was a girl when Iggy kept calling Max a SHE. Bingo! My first reaction was to slap my forehead, then, I burst out laughing(which earned me strange looks from my parents). For some unknown reason, I found it hilarious. Maybe it was my way of hiding my embarrassment.  Wherever you are James Patterson, I'm very sorry for thinking Max was a boy.
Anyways, let's discuss the characters. Max- my kind of girl, kick butt, strong, smart(unlike Bella from Twilight, but that's another story). Fang- dark(not just moody, but he always wore black), mysterious, quiet, my type of guy. Iggy- one of the most amazing blind guys ever, I mean he could make a bomb! His humor just had me laughing my guts out. Nudge- didn't really like her, but she was tolerable. A total blabbermouth. Angel- the cutest sweetest girl, but I will say that she kind of creeped me out by the end of the book(won't say why, you have to read it to find out).  I still like her a lot, though.
When I was reading the first book, I kept thinking that maybe Patterson had meant to make The Angel Experiment into more than one book, because he was constantly reminding me of their mission, the characters, and the like. Just seemed like it was maybe two or three books blended into one.
Overall, one of my favorite books ever. Certainly something I would read again, and I will definitely continue reading the series, down to the last book. Max was someone I could relate to, she seemed down to earth, yet hardened by her experience, and not some weak helpless girl(it seems like every book I read lately, every girl is like this). I loved how they were all superstrong, and the whole flying concept, I was grinning from ear to ear.(a really cool idea) The characters go from California to New York, so there is a change of scene, and interesting new places. This book deserves its five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful Opinions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...